Hearing loss is often a slow process, making it easy to ignore the subtle changes in your ability to perceive sounds. Even though children are frequently tested, most adults don’t even consider scheduling a hearing exam like they would their vision. You wouldn’t disregard a decline in your eyesight, so why wouldn’t you monitor the health of your hearing?
Here are 6 reasons to get your hearing tested regularly:
- Spotting the Signs: Potential hearing issues can be revealed by everyday situations. Do you regularly need people to repeat what they said? Do you have a hard time hearing in noisy environments? Are you frequently cranking the volume on your TV up? If you answered “yes” to the majority of these questions, it’s time for a hearing test.
- Following Guidelines: Until you turn 50, you should get a hearing test every 10 years and every 3 years after that, according to the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Family History Matters: If other members of your family have hearing problems, this is a good reason to schedule a hearing test with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: Baseline hearing examinations provide a frame of reference for future hearing examination comparisons, permitting you to track changes in your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Regular hearing exams can discover issues early on, like earwax accumulation or noise-related hearing loss, allowing for quick treatment and avoiding further damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Hearing loss can in some cases signal root medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, or kidney disease. Addressing these conditions could improve your hearing.
Neglected hearing loss can have extensive consequences, affecting your social life, emotional well-being, and even physical safety. Hearing aids can significantly improve your hearing and total quality of life, letting you fully participate in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and remain alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on important work meetings, your grandchildren’s laughter, or the voice of a loved one.
Schedule a hearing examination with us right away to protect your hearing health and rediscover the sounds that enrich your life.